Experienced Legal Guidance Through The Adoption Process
Adoption is a joyful occasion in which a family welcomes a child into their care. It’s also a legal process that confers full parental rights and responsibilities on someone other than a child’s birth parent. People choose to adopt for many reasons, and the counsel and representation offered by a skilled attorney can play a key role in the adoption process.
Attorney Christopher D. Mecca has been practicing adoption law in Grants Pass since 1976. Our firm files the majority of adoption petitions in Josephine County and a substantial number in other Southern Oregon counties. To discuss how we can help you, call 541-787-4293.
Assisting Clients In All Types of Adoption Cases
Our firm represents clients who are seeking to adopt, as well as birth parents in cases involving termination of parental rights. Grants Pass adoption lawyer Christopher D. Mecca is experienced at assisting clients with all types of adoptions, including:
- Independent adoptions: Our firm counsels and represents both prospective adoptive parents and birth parents in independent, private adoption cases.
- Stepparent adoptions: Adoption by a stepparent is one of the most common types of adoption. Mr. Mecca regularly handles these cases.
- Relative adoptions: We represent grandparents and other relatives who are seeking to step in for parents who have died or can no longer care for their children.
- Interstate adoptions: Adopting a child from another state can create its own unique set of challenges, which our firm is well-prepared to handle.
- Agency adoptions: It is frequently valuable to get independent legal counsel during the agency adoption process, whether you are a birth parent or prospective adoptive parent.
- State adoptions: Our firm is experienced at assisting clients seeking to adopt children who have been placed in the care of the state of Oregon.
Put Our Experience To Work For You
The adoption process is meant to ensure that children are being properly cared for and brought up in accordance with their best interests. Christopher D. Mecca, Attorney at Law, can help you pursue your adoption goals. Contact us online today, or call 541-787-4293 to discuss your case with Mr. Mecca.